"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered."

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Thanks Boys!



A big Thank You to all the boys today:  Tim, Charlie, Jeremy (aka Jason) and Dave (short time).

Were it not for these guys you would not be reading this because I'd still be out there somewhere.

In fact I needed so much help I think even the real Jason pulled me for awhile.


Good ol' Tim . . . pulled 60+% of the ride . . . we needed him.

(MG:  If you are readin' this . . . remember . . . Tim said "Do not believe a word Rich says . . ."   I love a good enigma . . . which one is it?)

Word of advice for Charlie:

The Patch goes over the hole . . .  Not the area next to it (I understand this is a complex concept).  I think Charlie may  hold the world record for number of tubes used in one stop (rumor is tube patching will soon be an Olympic sport)  This repair stop at the Mocha Moose at mile 26 made for tube #4.

Charlie learned his lesson well . . . for a mere 50 miles later:

Farrow was seen instructing our lead rider on the finer points of puncture repair (as if he does not have enough experience of his own)

Lessons of the Day
Gravel is good
I gotta get me some gears . . .
Charlie needs: tires, fenders, and glasses
It was indeed a great day . . .

3 comments:

  1. Good job Men! Mallory is real proud of you. Please, an extra finger of rum for the lads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...a dandy of a day. Thanks, Boys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a GREAT DAY!!!! Lotz of laughs..we got a good thing going.....

    ReplyDelete