"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered."

Monday, May 31, 2010

When did they do that?

Great ride today.  Tough to get everyone together on a holiday weekend, no worries . . . just ride a couple of times with a couple of groups and when they all need to go (read: wimp out), just keep on ridin'

Since I was alone, I thought it time to ride some gravel.

After the mandatory coffee stop at the Mocha Moose, I continued down ole scenic 61 to Knife River.  At the railroad bridge one can hop on the Old North Shore Road.  This is a particularly  scenic stretch of gravel . . . almost all the way back to Duluth.

After about 6 miles of minding my own business . . .  I notice a bit of a change at a bridge crossing . . . no worries thought Rich . . . I'm sure they just changed the barriers . . .   (ahh . . . my favorite phrase: "minding my own business")

oops . . . maybe they took the bridge out?
No worries, just a scenic water crossing!


It was a bit of a tough climb up and out:




No worries . . . home in plenty of time to take Claire to march in the Duluth Memorial Day parade.
It was by the way, a perfectly good bridge . . .
Tomorrow:  The Other Side of Nowhere:  Adventures in Big Bend National Park


No comments:

Post a Comment