"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered."

Sunday, February 7, 2010

25 Years and Malaise

First and foremost . . . CONGRATULATIONS to Farrow, Buffington and Kershaw at the Arrowhead 135.  And Jeremy, UNBELIEVABLE on a SINGLE SPEED!  WELL DONE BOYS! (I shall be forever humbled by Mr Kershaw)





It had been a peaceful 25 years since I last saw a start line.

Enter C P Farrow who graciously took me under his wing, and threatened me with certain death in the event I chose not to ride the "Heck of the North." 

Suddenly I had to train, and practice, and train and practice. 

Leaving my house at 9:00 pm to ride for hours on end, up again at 4:00am to ride even further.

Riding on snow and ice?  How can that be? 

What is this about I thought?  hmmm . .  .  strangely, having fun, enjoying myself. . . "What had I been missing, what's up with that??"  I thought.

Now I find a malaise has set upon me.  What am I to do?

Enter the CIRREM me thinks!  Of course . . . that will do it, lift my spirits, energize my tired, aging legs . . . onward and upward!

Finally, I wonder if we are: Napoleon, Snowball, Boxer and Clover or the Four Horseman of the Apocalypse?











No comments:

Post a Comment