"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered."

Sunday, January 31, 2010

2 oops in 1 ride!

  I wish Charlie, Jason and Jeremy the best in this week's Arrowhead 135.  Good on ya boys!

  Apparently in our delirium, Tim and I became confused and tried to enter the wrong event . . .



  We were willing, but the dogs just wouldn't have us (perhaps because of my orange bike?)

  Further homeward bound adventure . . . actual unretouched photo of bike detritus . . .

  Yes boys and girls, my bike actually ended up this way.  Fortunately for me, I was not on it.  (Tim said later I was going a little too fast for that corner . . .) We'll probably laugh about that one for a while.

  Yesterday was also drama.  Seems I let my water freeze.  195 minutes, at full gas is too long to go without water.

  Today when I got home:  serious cramps.  Thanks to Claire who made me drink pickle juice.  It really does work. 

  From now on, on all long rides, pickle juice will be my constant companion.

No comments:

Post a Comment