"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered."

Monday, January 18, 2010

Excel

Gee Whiz . . . for all the warm weather over the weekend, riding was a bit tough.  Funny, uphill easier than downhill . . . bike wants to scoot all over the trail.

It was nice to see and ride with 3 others on Sunday.

O2 on the other hand was apparently in a surly mood.  At about 1.5 hours, the chain came off . . . that has not happened since I installed the chain catcher and bash guard.  I found it odd that 1) it came off and 2) I could put it back on.  Started riding, looked down, the chain ring appeared bent, how could that be I mused . . . no worries, just get home and straighten it.  Nah . . . that can't be the problem, hop off the bike . . . sure enough, the bottom bracket is loose.

I can only imagine 3 possible explanations;

1) It is envious of CPF's Merlin, and wants a new titanium bb shell installed (not going to happen).

2) She is tired and wants a rest (get over it).

- or -

3) She somehow heard I spent 1.5 hrs on Saturday with Brian at ExcelCycle in Excelsior (likely the problem . . . pure jealousy, likely explanation). 

Yes, I am indeed looking at new bikes.  Brian could not have been more kind and helpful.  Started out a bit funny, Claire and I walked in . . . and found about 100 beer drinkin' bikers.  Turned out it was the awards ceremony for an ice bike race on the lake.

Brian showed me 3 bikes: 1) Ridley 2) Stevens 3) BH  All 3 he says have distinctly different personalities.  I must go back soon and ride 'em and decide.  I can not say enough good stuff about Brian.  I actually think he was listening to me, not just trying to sell me something.  Good on 'ya Brian.

I am fearful my Duluth riding buddies may delist, disown and in general dis me . . . all 3 are full carbon.  I say . .  "get over it!"  In the words of some immortal, somewhere:  TOLIET PAPER:  If the voyageurs would have had it, they would have used it.

I can't wait to get back down there . . .just have to find time.

Claire says "the BH,"  Me, I am fully undecided . . .

Funny, this bike has no impact on O2, or O1 for that matter ... It is just another bike . . .



No comments:

Post a Comment