"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered."

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Off to Dallas . . .

Well boys and girls there will be no ridin' this week.  I'm off to Texas until Thursday. 

I'm meeting my friend Thomas from Austria tonight, and we'll be doing a PTH stone crusher demo sometime Tuesday with the boys from ConFab.  Demo area somewhere around Joshua , TX Hopefully the CAT MT665 will show on time.







"Austria, not Texas"



I'll also be makin' a trip down to Kerrville and Rocksprings. Now I know most of you have no idea where these towns are:  About seven hours South of Dallas, and about 1.5 hours West of Austin.  This is the Texas hill country, an area I had barely heard of until two years ago.  Having spent a couple of weeks there last year, I can tell you . . . it is really beautiful!  Don't know if it is part of the "Lance effect," but there is a strong cycling culture.



All this is OK since on Thursday's ride I toasted my rear shifter;  none to be had in Duluth, had to order one.  It will be back on the bike by Friday morning . . . and I'll be back on the trail in time to support Charlie, Jason and Jeremy at the Arrowhead 135.  I look forward to watchin' and doin' whatever they need done.



I'm happy to learn my friends Jim Joynes and Tim Sieh are out riding and enjoying the trails.  I hope to get them hooked up with the "instigators . . ."



See you guys next week.

Cheers . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment